Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Fastest Way to Fitness and Burning Fat is Sprinting

Cardiovascular fitness is an necessary part of our fitness. Cardio is often linked with some thing or some performance that is useful to you. For example, you will hear "experts" and even doctors suggest that we have cardio as part of our total practice program. They would often refer to exercises such as walking or jogging for 30 minutes as useful to your heart and lungs. In these types of activities, you will burn fat or fat while the exercise- which is good. After the practice is finish, your heart rate and breathing will immediately return to normal. At that point, you no longer burn as much fat or calories. Later, when I started to sprint in short bursts for no longer than 20 seconds and rested for about 10 seconds, I noticed dramatic and necessary distinction in my total health and fitness. I found out that that the fastest way to fitness and burning fat is to sprint- not to walk or jog.

Now, I still walk or do a light jog once in awhile because I enjoy those activities. When I started to cut back on long walks or jogs, I noticed my joints (knees and ankles) did not ache as much. When I sprint outdoors for 20 seconds then rest for 10 seconds and do that for about 8-10 times, my total conditioning (e.g. Wind) and fat burning becomes more efficient and effective. I even significantly improved my time for the mile run without even running more than a mile. The short intense burst of energy required for sprinting at intervals is without demand the best way to burn fat. Why is that the case? There is a very important plan called Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (Epoc). You are still burning fat and fat long after the practice is over. There have been multiple studies that have been done that shows that higher intensity sprinting even burns fat 48 hours (that is 2 days) after the practice is over. In quarterly cardio, you only burn those fat while (not after) the exercise. That is the necessary fancy and distinction why you should sprint your way to burning fat and into fitness.

Fitness

As with any exercises, make sure you properly warm-up and stretch your body before doing these sprints. Also, make sure you are wearing proper footgear. Slippers are not good sprinting shoes. Your body will ache when you do your first sprinting session. But, it will recover soon and come to be a more efficient fat burning machine.

The Fastest Way to Fitness and Burning Fat is Sprinting

No comments: