Monday, December 5, 2011

Lose Weight - Eat Less and Exercise More

How many times have you heard this phrase Eat Less and Exercise More?

It's so easy to say - yet not always easy to do.

Exercise

It may be controversial for me to actually say I do NOT agree with this and let me explain why.

Obesity is rising FAST and NOT slowing down and this is really due to people eating TOO MUCH fast foods, processed foods, fizzy drinks, unhealthy snacks, too much alcohol and loads of other unhealthy fatty and sugary snacks and foods along with doing very little or no exercise.

I often read about overweight and obese people and see what they eat on a daily basis. Look - I have been there, but even I am completely shocked at what some people are eating and drinking every day. I know I was overeating and drinking a glass or two of wine too many (!) BUT I did have some healthy elements to my diet plus I did take some form of exercise. I also did have knowledge about healthy eating - I just wasn't applying it.

If you take those people who have NO healthy elements to their diet or lifestyle - and perhaps are not aware of what healthy eating is - then what does Eat Less, Exercise More mean to them? It could mean (to them) that they eat a bit less of the fatty "stuff" they are eating and that they do a 10 minute stroll round the block once a week if they are used to being a couch potato. This will NOT help them to lose weight one bit BUT they are Eating Less and Exercising more that they were!

Everyone will have their own view on what Eat Less Exercise More means for them.

It really is education about WHAT to eat and WHAT exercise to do that is the key - not simply saying Eat Less and Exercise More. That won't do it for many people as they will eat less of the bad food and maybe exercise a bit more than nothing.

On the Alkaline Diet you may actually be eating MORE than usual - but it will be more of the good "stuff" that you eat until you are full! As you transition using a step by step approach, you make simple changes over time NOT all at once - and therefore build new healthy habits while slowly eliminating the unhealthy habits. Trying to do too much all at once can just be too much for many people - so simple positive and healthy changes over time will help you to lose weight and keep it off. It will also relieve you of many health problems that also come with being overweight.

Lose Weight - Eat Less and Exercise More

No comments: